This is surely the biggest giveaway I’ve had the pleasure of running on bigwords. Thanks to the generous people at the South Australian Tourism Commission – one of my readers will soon be flying, with a guest, to Adelaide to attend the new Word Adelaide festival. ISN’T THAT SUPER RAD?!
The prize includes two flights from any major Australian capital city, two nights accommodation at the stunning Crowne Plaza Adelaide and tickets to two of Word Adelaide’s major events In Their Own Words featuring the comedic genius Matt Lucas and Australian comedian Kitty Flanagan and Words Without Music with Leo Sayer, Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet) Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd, Icehouse) and Taasha Coates from The Audreys.
The festival runs from August 15 – 18 in Adelaide and is essentially celebrating the power of words. Special guest Matt Lucas of Little Britain and Bridesmaids fame will be in town exclusively for the festival. There will be a range of events such as a poetry reading, yarn spinning, local Indigenous storytelling and a freestyle MC competition where the winner will receive more than $12,000 in cash and prizes. And for the word nerds, there’s also a day of Scrabble at the Governor Hindmarsh Pub. Beer, fire and scrabble = bliss.
Adelaide is a city of festivals – we do them so well. And to have one celebrating words is something which makes me so very happy, particularly one which will feature the words of this man – one of the best in the business – Matt Lucas.
Entrants have to be able to travel between August 17-19, 2013. It’s required they like the Facebook pages of Bianca Wordley’s bigwords and Word Adelaide. If you could also share this competition with your friends through Facebook, Twitter or email that would be fabulous as we want to spread the word about this brilliant new festival.
Not only is RADelaide a pretty city, with amazing food and wine, which in itself is a mighty fine reason to want to win this prize, but you also get to stay at the gorgeous, 4 star hotel – Crowne Plaza Adelaide – located in the heart of the city.
So, in 25 words or less, please tell me why you’d love to come to Adelaide, along with your contact details, and then check back here on Monday 29 July to find out if you have won (I will not be judging the entries so everyone can enter without fear of favouritism).
It’s all about the words and passion people. You have to be in it to win it. And just to make it more fun – every time you share this post you can enter again.
For more information about the Word Adelaide Festival, and to get tickets to the event, go to: www.wordadelaide.com.au
Good luck – and who knows maybe we’ll get to meet for a champers when you’re here.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
AND THE WINNER IS EMILY HAWKER!!! HIP HOORAY!!!
Thanks for all your entries and for reading bigwords xx
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: SOUTH AUSTRALIAN TOURISM COMMISSION – WORD ADELAIDE PROMOTION
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only.
- Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible entry.
- Entry is free and open to anyone who lives outside of South Australia. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter (South Australian Tourism Commission), its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
- To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must have liked the Word Adelaide Facebook during the promotional period and answered the question beginning with “In 25 words or less…” In order to fully complete their entry, eligible entrants will be required to provide their first name, last name, country, state, suburb, current and valid email address.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 years old.
- Multiple entries are not permitted. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 19 July 2013 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 26 July 2013. All winners will be notified by telephone or email. SATC will contact the entrant to make travel arrangements.
- Winners will be selected in accordance with clause 9 and also comply with clause 21. Prize winners will be notified by email.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winners to produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the winners’ identity, age, residential address and email address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by the winners in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the winning entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, that winner’s entry will become invalid.
- Prize: The first correctly answered eligible entry randomly drawn from all eligible entries received will win: two return flights with Qantas Airways to Adelaide, two-nights’ accommodation at Crowne Plaza Adelaide and two tickets to Word Adelaide events “In Their Own Words” and “Words Without Music”. Entrants must take up the prize during the specified time 17 – 19 August 2013. Winners will be selected if they are an Australian resident. All prizes awarded in accordance with this clause 9 must also comply with clause 21
- All prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with taking the prize or using any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter and its agents associated with this promotion take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. If any prize(s) become unavailable for any reason beyond Promoter’s control then a similar prize of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winner in lieu.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Caution: any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the promotion website or the information on the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions under State or Territory legislation.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The winners agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- The Promoter is South Australian Tourism Commission (ABN 80 485 623 691) of Level 3, 121-125 King William Street Adelaide SA 5000.