In a couple of days I’m going to Cambodia. I’ll be traveling with Kate, the publisher of Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily, and one of my colleagues, to find out more about the work Oxfam Australia and their partners do in the areas of labour rights and factory working conditions. We will also be meeting with one of our amazing producers who make jewellery that’s sold in our shops. It is going to be an enlightening and jam-packed week. I hope to blog about our experiences as we go, but for now I catasrophise.
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person that does that before they travel. Please tell I’m not the only person that does that before they travel.
Here’s 10 things I’ve seriously worried about in the past couple of days:
- The plane will run out of fuel and crash.
- The plane will get shot out of the air and crash.
- The plane will mysteriously disappear and crash.
- All of our flights will get delayed and we will get stuck somewhere.
- When we arrive our mini-van will crash.
- I will get run over by a car and fifteen scooters.
- There will be a bomb somewhere.
- I will get lost and not know how to find my hotel and miss my flight home.
- I will be so lonely at times that I will have a horribly terrible time in one of the most amazing places in the world, thus ruining this wonderful opportunity.
- The plane home will crash.
What is this irrational fear that consumes me? I’ve thought through every single scenario, in detail. And before the plane takes off, I’ll touch my love heart tattoo on my wrist, I’ll visualise the plane taking off and landing, in fact I’ll visualise the entire trip in fast motion all the way until I arrive back home. I’ll visualise my kids rummaging through my bags for presents and my exhausted body flopping down onto the couch. If I don’t visualise everything, then the plane will crash. It’s as simple as that.
hi we have just spent 7 days in Cambodia we landed safely two times ,didn’t get run over by scooter or tuk tuk ,ate at street kids resteraunt twice sponsored by Australia explored temples and met beautiful people .We were scared too but all was amazing ,beautiful and safe now onto Vietnam .❤️💐
I’ve possibly missed the point here but have you ever considered doing a fear of flying course? Perhaps knowing more about the operations of a flight would help to take some of the catastrophes off your list.