I might have a degree majoring in economic history and politics. I might have years of journalism behind me, but compared to many people I know, I do not count myself as being that bright. I like to think I’m smart, but I’m not really. When it comes to facts, my memory is crap and when it comes to writing, my grammar is shit. That’s not to say I welcome ignorance, I like to learn about issues when they are in the news, but I can be a bit of an “on-the-surface” person. I am also quite naive and at times child like.
I know this because, even though I am on the fast train to 40, I still laugh at things which I laughed at as a teenager. You’d think by now, these puerile things wouldn’t be funny anymore, but sometimes I find them funnier now than I did before (and I had an excuse for “before” as I spent a lot of my time in a smokey haze).
Let me take you on a journey into my childish mind – pictures will help.
1) I’ll start with my favourite number. It also happens to be my husband’s.
2) Every time I see this sign, I nudge my husband in anticipation of him saying: “Looks like you can’t come along”.
3) This one speaks for itself.
4) So too does this one. A particularly stylish blogger told me there’s a sign like this one out the front of her neighbourhood porn shop. Knowing that, I will blush, and giggle, every time I see this sign now!
5) We have a few of these horse signs in the Hills and I can’t help but think the rider’s leg looks like a penis. I know. It’s not even remotely close to where it should be, nor is it large enough. I’ve seen those horse documentaries. You wouldn’t be bragging about being “hung like a horse” if it was as tiny as this one! Yet still, I giggle. Every time.
6) Now, I’m sorry if you’re called Fanny Prickles or Richard Head or Mr Cock or Mrs Bush. The list goes on. I will have to look away for a second. And don’t get me started on the book about the duck we borrowed from the library the other day that read: “Duckie spread her wings and flapped. Flap, Flap, Flap.” We had to return the book, I could not read about spreading or flaps.
7) These signs are all over Coober Pedy, a South Australian opal mining town. They warn about the dangers of unmarked mine shafts. It just makes me laugh.
8) I can’t help feel this sign doesn’t actually refer to what I’m thinking about.
9) When I was in the United Kingdom this “pudding” would always bring a smile to my face. I’m sure it’s delicious (when not in can), but it just doesn’t appeal to me.
10) And last, but not least…..drum roll please…..
Well, that’s a few minutes you’ll never get back! Is there anything which makes you laugh which shouldn’t ?
* bigwords has a Facebook Page, please come and check it out and click like, if you like!
this post made me laugh. Mr Woog and I are the same.
I giggled my whole way through this post!
And at a risk of oversharing – here is evidence that you are definitely not alone…..
This picture makes me laugh every time I see it!
Thank you for showing me what spotted dick is. I have always wondered.
I am the same as well but Mr SawHole isn’t. He thinks I am purile.
Also people think I am bright but my degree and 0.5 of a masters does not make me bright. Case in point, I have forgotten Miss Charisma’s school bag three times this year and I sent her to school yesterday with her shirt inside out.
haha, i knew a few but the HORSE Dick totally cracked my up! oh and the pudding, wow.
my husband and me indulge in this kind of teen spirit on a regular basis – i’ll show him these.
you know how the people in Fucking are pissed off, not about the name but about how many times they had to replace the sign when it got stolen? same goes for a small town in France : Condom ! 😀
ha, bloody, ha. Love it. And as the contributor to No.4 (hee, hee), very proud to have added to the list. After my Very Important research for Mrs Woog I’ll head out this afternoon to take a photo for you!
Love it, cannot believe there is actually a town called Fucking 🙂
Not as good but I used to live near a road called ‘Thong Lane’ I worked in a place called “Locksbottom” and there was also a Pratt’s Bottom!
Thanks Emma and suburp, Locksbottom and Condom make me giggle!!
and the cat photo, is hilarious Laura
Thanks Ms Styling You for nb 4 – can’t wait to see a photo!
Happy I got you laughing Fi and Mrs Woog.
And as for your Sawhole…tags go on the inside!!!
Oh perfect timing! I just confessed mine: Pearl Necklace. Teehee. Thanks, great fun post. x
Tee hee hee. In Tassie we saw this sign http://twitpic.com/3ft8bg
I always think “Caution, Large Kangaroos will Hump your Corolla”
“Rootex” to make your cuttings develop Roots!!! I actually just love the word ROOT!!!!! Hilarious!!!!!!!!
I love this post. I also remember passing through a town in Austria or Germany called Wank. The people who lived there were Wankers. Hope I can find a photo for you. My kids still crack up whenever we read Enid Blyton books, because they are full of names like Dick and Fanny.
I had to laugh at the Enter at Rear and also the Coober Pedy sign.
In our city there was a sign on a billboard advertising a lawyer’s firm. It was just a picture of a pig’s bottom. Our whole family found it hilarious and the kids would point it out each and every time we passed that sign. They have since taken the sign down. We miss that sign.
Thanks for dropping by today, and thanks again for the shout out.
You are so much fun!! I love this post – thanks for making me laugh today!
I literally pissed myself when I read there was a town called Fucking. Bless you Aussies for your sense of humour! My husband says I am mentally age 13. So there are a lot of us out there
Oh and Nads, the hair removal stuff. Really? Couldn’t come up with another name that wasn’t the same as a mans scrotum??
I did chuckle about the sign from Cooper Pedy.
I am – of course – incredibly mature and would never laugh at such infantile things.
My OH however would. Which is why I frequently allude to having 4 children, not 3.
There are a brand of crisps out here in Finland called Pussi. the large bag is called a mega pussi.
Maggi make Cock Soup – I had to buy it. I snotted in the supermarket when I saw it. I am quite partial to a deep shaft.
*snigger* – nothing like a fart and knob gag! Top post!
fucking rad! great minds think alike! ha!
thanks for stopping by my blog! following your gin drinking ass now! 😉
Hub & I laugh at all those things, we cry with laughter at fuuny names and silly words and double entendres.
I had a group of people in fits at dinner last night with jokes about having a thick, hard table leg between my legs, and then the dessert called ‘chocolate doodle’.
May we all never grow up.
That’s a great collection.
One of my faves is in the UK – “Humps for 100 yards”
Both my husband and I giggled at that one all the time.
I use to own a Hwy 69 tshirt – which is even more funny considering I don’t particularly enjoy that position – I guess it’s mostly the shock/crud factor that I love. haha.
Still funny! And you’re right the comments are hilarious. 🙂 Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.
Great post – silly signs are like stupid newspaper headlines…they just make you laugh and laugh 🙂